Minimally Invasive Robotic Device
Robotic FloShield proactively protects the laparoscope from
condensation, debris and smoke. The sheath-based system fits
over the DaVinci laparoscope and, according to the company,
the device's unique design virtually eliminates the need to
remove the laparoscope for cleaning, minimizing surgical inter-
ruptions and saving time. Additional features include:
• CO2 is diverted from the surgical insufflator to the tip of the
laparoscope, creating a barrier of dry gas over the lens that
shields it from condensation, smoke and debris.
• If there is an abrupt loss of vision due to bleeding or rapid
accumulation of debris, Flo-X in situ can be utilized.
• Flo-x in situ is the first biocompatible, alcohol-free surfactant that flushes the lens intraoperatively, without having to
remove the laparoscope from the patient.
Carefusion offers their pretzel-shaped laparoscopic retractor for
minimally invasive procedures. The design offers:
• A larger surface area for retracting or moving large organs and
other structures for greater internal visibility.
• Additional strength in comparison to traditional retractor
• The 5 mm shaft also accommodates smaller incisions.
Aesculaps’s Sovereign laparoscopic reposable
scissors are designed to offer the convenience
and sharpness of a single-use scissor with
the cost savings of a reusable one. According
to the company, the scissors provide up to
a 45 percent cost savings over single-use
models, and with fresh blades and new shaft
insulation for every procedure.