For 20 years, PCI
Medical has devel-
oped and manufac-
tured high-level dis-
• GUS Disinfection Soak Stations are in
over 6,000 facilities.
• Our latest products, GUS Storage
Systems, are the solution to the final
step in the high-level disinfection process: probe storage.
• Improper storage can lead to recon-tamination of disinfected probes.
• Joint Commission and probe manufacturers recommend storing probes
upright in a clean, dry environment.
• Specialty shelves store probes upright
and uniquely keep cables separated
from disinfected probes.
• True HEPA filter is effective at
0.3 microns (typical bacteria is 5
• A low noise fan provides continuous
• Locking door, for added security.
• A 2014 ESP Infection Control Award
• GUS Storage Systems for TEE
probes hold up to 3 probes.
• Endovaginal, endorectal and general
purpose probes hold up to 6 probes.
The 10 minute Gram negative bacteria test, the
Hang TimeKit, utilizes a unique enzyme detection
method. The easy to read fluorometer checks for
viable bacteria by reading telltale fluorescence in the
recaptured water when bacterial enzymes interact with
the supplied reagent. If the reading is positive, reprocess the endoscope. If contamination is discovered in
a single scope multiple times, or multiple
scopes are found to be contaminated, further investigation should be undertaken.
• According to the CDC, almost every
state has had a confirmed case of CRE.
To prevent the risk of disease transmission during ERCP, the duodenoscope
intricate internal surfaces require special
attention and thorough reprocessing.
• Numerous studies have identified that
the microbial contamination likely to be
found inside improperly reprocessed
endoscopes is Gram negative bacteria
(Kovaleva, et 17 al. 2011).
• Most recently, the outbreak of CRE contamination in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Washington and
California (Design of Endoscopic Retrograde
Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) Duodenoscopes
May Impede Effective Cleaning: FDA Safety
Communication Updated: Feb 23, 2015) have raised
the value of routine microbial surveillance testing of
fully reprocessed endoscopes.
See Us at ASCA 2015
MAY 13 - 16
Orlando World Center
Marriott Resort & Convention
Center Orlando, FL
SPECTRA254 provides a selection of systems for
every channel of healthcare.
VISIT US at spectra254.com
Advancing UVC Technology for Better Health
In today’s healthcare world, the challenge of doing more
with less is very real; higher “HAI’s” - increased Protocols,
More Patients - Less Staff, all while maintaining the highest
standards of managed care.
Being practical has become a priority.
SPECTRA254 decontamination systems offer the five
things you want most in a UVC disinfection system:
• The highest UVC dosage levels leading to greater
• Rapid room turn-around times facilitated by easy-to-use
• Automated Data entry to eliminate the potential for
• Quality and Reliability on a daily basis, supported by an
industry first 3 Year Warranty
• The solution with the lowest total cost of ownership (TOC)
SPECTRA254 systems are the practical approach to
UVC disinfection in healthcare, with systems that are
performance assured, easy-to-use, cost effective and
provide a feature-set of applications and benefits that
typically only come at a much higher price.
SPECTRA254, by taking the practical approach, continues to
advance the state of UVC technology for better health care.
The Practical Approach to Hospital Decontamination Systems
Disinfection of C. diff spores in 5 minutes*
*Results verified by independent laboratory, April 2014 Report available upon request