Superior Video Processing Technology for
Mission Critical and Real-Time Display Projects
503 Canal Boulevard, Point Richmond, CA 94804
510.439.4500 | email@example.com
Black Diamond Video’s Gesture Control
delivers comprehensive control of the
8 Megapixel display in the hybrid OR.
With the wave of a hand, choose from
infinite windowing layouts and perform
video routing at any time from the
Another industry first and industry best from
the technology leader in OR integration.
to Hybrid OR
SIONS 4k Imaging
Most respondents to our survey work in hospitals with responsibilities ranging from being a member of the surgical team to facility administrator to
materials manager. Their feedback indicates a simultaneous
appreciation for the role this equipment plays, and a cautious
purchasing approach to acquiring the latest and greatest visualization equipment.
Some key takeaways included:
• About 95 percent of respondents indicate monitors and visual-
ization equipment is important or extremely important to their
success in the OR, but nearly all surgeons and surgical techni-
cians ranked this as an extremely important.
• 80 percent of all facility administrators and material managers
view OR visualization equipment as extremely important, and
two-thirds of OR managers and nurses agreed.
Ideas on purchasing priorities:
• 56 percent of respondents state that their visualization equip-
ment “is good for now”.
• Just over 31 percent state that their equipment is either brand
new or recently purchased.
• More than 12 percent indicate the need for replacements or
updates within the next six months.
• Just under half of respondents upgrade visualization equipment
at a timeframe of between 12-20 months.
• 56 percent said they are not on a set schedule for upgrades,
possibly indicating they update as demanded by new procedures, facility expansions or in adopting new technologies.
• Leading drivers of investment include image quality, surgeon
preference and cost.
Technologies currently being employed:
• In line with its relatively new availability, just over four percent
have 4K equipment.
• Surprisingly, 19 percent report still utilizing non-HD visualiza-
tion equipment in some way.
Image Updates Approached Carefully
Readers shared how new resolution and size options impacted purchasing decisions
by Rebecca Rudolph, editor